- Formula: C3H9NO
- Molecular weight: 75.1097
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OPKOKAMJFNKNAS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 109-83-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: «beta»-(Methylamino)ethanol; (Hydroxyethyl)methylamine; (2-Hydroxyethyl)methylamine; Methyl(«beta»-hydroxyethyl)amine; Methyl(hydroxyethyl)amine; Methyl(2-hydroxyethyl)amine; Methylaminoethanol; Methylethanolamine; Methylethylolamine; Monomethylaminoethanol; Monomethylethanolamine; Monomethylmonoethanolamine; N-(2-Hydroxyethyl)methylamine; N-Methyl-N-(«beta»-hydroxyethyl)amine; N-Methyl-N-(2-hydroxyethyl)amine; N-Methyl-N-hydroxyethylamine; N-Methyl-2-aminoethanol; N-Methyl-2-ethanolamine; N-Methyl-2-hydroxyethylamine; N-Methylaminoethanol; N-Methylethanolamine; N-Methylmonoethanolamine; N-Monomethylaminoethanol; N-Monomethylethanolamine; 2-(Methylamino)ethanol; 2-(N-Methylamino)ethanol; 2-(N-Monomethylamino)ethanol; 2-Hydroxy-N-methylethylamine; Amietol M 11; Monomethyl-aminoaethanol; USAF DO-50; 2-Hydroxyethyl-N-methylamine; 2-Methylamino-1-ethanol; NSC 62776
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||431.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||428. - 429.||K||N/A||Buckingham and Donaghy, 1982||BS|
|Tc||630.||K||N/A||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 10. K; derived from fit of obs. vapor pressure; TRC|
|Pc||52.31||atm||N/A||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4.93 atm; derived from fit of obs. vapor pressure; TRC|
|c||3.86||mol/l||N/A||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.27 mol/l; TRC|
|vapH°||13.8 ± 0.05||kcal/mol||GS||Kapteina, Slowik, et al., 2005||Based on data from 275. - 320. K.; AC|
|vapH°||13.8||kcal/mol||N/A||Noll, Valtz, et al., 1998||Based on data from 269. - 401. K. See also Kapteina, Slowik, et al., 2005.; AC|
|vapH°||13.6 ± 0.1||kcal/mol||EB||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997, 2||Based on data from 340. - 461. K.; AC|
|vapH°||13.8||kcal/mol||EB||Smirnova, Tereshchenko, et al., 1987||Based on data from 351. - 410. K. See also Kapteina, Slowik, et al., 2005.; AC|
|vapH°||13.7||kcal/mol||N/A||Touhara, Okazaki, et al., 1982||Based on data from 298. - 308. K. See also Kapteina, Slowik, et al., 2005.; AC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (atm)||Reference||Comment|
|388. - 391.||0.007||Buckingham and Donaghy, 1982||BS|
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled by: Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
View reactions leading to C3H9NO+ (ion structure unspecified)
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|C2H7N+||8.99||CH2OH||EI||Lossing, Lam, et al., 1981|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, 1998.|
|NIST MS number||291266|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Buckingham and Donaghy, 1982
Buckingham, J.; Donaghy, S.M., Dictionary of Organic Compounds: Fifth Edition, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1982, 1. [all data]
Anonymous, X., Chemicals and Plastics Physical Properties, 1968, Union Carbide Corp., product bulletin, 1968. [all data]
Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997
Steele, W.V.; Chirico, R.D.; Knipmeyer, S.E.; Nguyen, A., Vapor Pressure, Heat Capacity, and Density along the Saturted Line, Measurements for Cyclohexanol, 2-Cyclohexen-1-one, 1,2-Dichloropropane, 1,4-Di-tert-butylbenzene, (±)-2-Ethylhexanoic Acid, 1-(m, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1997, 42, 1021-36. [all data]
Kapteina, Slowik, et al., 2005
Kapteina, Simon; Slowik, Krzysztof; Verevkin, Sergey P.; Heintz, Andreas, Vapor Pressures and Vaporization Enthalpies of a Series of Ethanolamines, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2005, 50, 2, 398-402, https://doi.org/10.1021/je049761y . [all data]
Noll, Valtz, et al., 1998
Noll, O.; Valtz, A.; Richon, D.; Getachew-Sawaya, T.; Mokbel, I.; Jose, J., Vapor pressures and liquid densities of N-methylethanolamine, diethanolamine, and N-methyldiethanolamine, ELDATA: Int. Electron. J. Phys. Chem. Data, 1998, 4, 3, 105. [all data]
Steele, Chirico, et al., 1997, 2
Steele, W.V.; Chirico, R.D.; Knipmeyer, S.E.; Nguyen, A., Vapor Pressure, Heat Capacity, and Density along the Saturation Line, Measurements for Cyclohexanol, 2-Cyclohexen-1-one, 1,2-Dichloropropane, 1,4-Di- tert -butylbenzene, (±)-2-Ethylhexanoic Acid, 2-(Methylamino)ethanol, Perfluoro- n -heptane, and Sulfolane, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1997, 42, 6, 1021-1036, https://doi.org/10.1021/je9701036 . [all data]
Smirnova, Tereshchenko, et al., 1987
Smirnova, G.G.; Tereshchenko, G.F.; Blagushina, M.A., Zh. Prikl. Khim. (S.-Peterburg), 1987, 62, 182. [all data]
Touhara, Okazaki, et al., 1982
Touhara, H.; Okazaki, S.; Okino, F.; Tanaka, H.; Ikari, K.; Nakanishi, K., Thermodynamic properties of aqueous mixtures of hydrophilic compounds 2. Aminoethanol and its methyl derivatives, The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 1982, 14, 2, 145-156, https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9614(82)90026-X . [all data]
Lossing, Lam, et al., 1981
Lossing, F.P.; Lam, Y.-T.; Maccoll, A., Gas phase heats of formation of alkyl immonium ions, Can. J. Chem., 1981, 59, 2228. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy Pc Critical pressure Tboil Boiling point Tc Critical temperature Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions c Critical density
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.