- Formula: CO
- Molecular weight: 28.0101
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UGFAIRIUMAVXCW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 630-08-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Carbon oxide (CO); CO; Exhaust gas; Flue gas; Carbonic oxide; Carbon oxide; Carbone (oxyde de); Carbonio (ossido di); Kohlenmonoxid; Kohlenoxyd; Koolmonoxyde; NA 9202; Oxyde de carbone; UN 1016; Wegla tlenek; Carbon monooxide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data: reactions 1 to 50, reactions 51 to 100, reactions 101 to 150, reactions 151 to 200, reactions 201 to 249
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- Constants of diatomic molecules
- Fluid Properties
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
|fH°gas||-110.53 ± 0.17||kJ/mol||Review||Cox, Wagman, et al., 1984||CODATA Review value|
|fH°gas||-110.53||kJ/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in September, 1965|
|S°gas,1 bar||197.660 ± 0.004||J/mol*K||Review||Cox, Wagman, et al., 1984||CODATA Review value|
|S°gas,1 bar||197.66||J/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in September, 1965|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (J/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kJ/mol)
S° = standard entropy (J/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 1300.||1300. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in September, 1965||Data last reviewed in September, 1965|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Cox, Wagman, et al., 1984
Cox, J.D.; Wagman, D.D.; Medvedev, V.A., CODATA Key Values for Thermodynamics, Hemisphere Publishing Corp., New York, 1984, 1. [all data]
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.