- Formula: C3H8S
- Molecular weight: 76.161
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WXEHBUMAEPOYKP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 624-89-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Sulfide, ethyl methyl; (Methylthio)ethane; Ethyl methyl sulfide; Methyl ethyl sulfide; 2-Thiabutane; Ethyl methyl sulphide; C2H5SCH3; 1-(Methylsulfanyl)ethane; Methyl ethyl sulphide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
C3H9S+ + = (C3H9S+ • )
By formula: C3H9S+ + C3H8S = (C3H9S+ • C3H8S)
|ΔrH°||111.||kJ/mol||PHPMS||Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sieck, 1985||gas phase; ΔrH?, incosistent with other sulfur compound dimers|
|ΔrS°||116.||J/mol*K||PHPMS||Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sieck, 1985||gas phase; ΔrH?, incosistent with other sulfur compound dimers|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sieck, 1985
Meot-Ner (Mautner), M.; Sieck, L.W., The Ionic Hydrogen Bond and Ion Solvation. 4. SH+ O and NH+ S Bonds. Correlations with Proton Affinity. Mutual Effects of Weak and Strong Ligands in Mixed Clusters, J. Phys. Chem., 1985, 89, 24, 5222, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100270a021 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
ΔrH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions ΔrS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.