- Formula: C8H10O2
- Molecular weight: 138.1638
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GPASWZHHWPVSRG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 615-90-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Phen-1,4-diol, 3,6-dimethyl-; 2,5-dimethylhydroquinone; p-Xylohydroquinone
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|ΔsubH°||100.8||kJ/mol||V||Coolidge and Coolidge, 1927||ALS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|ΔvapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|101.1||346.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 331. - 361. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|ΔsubH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|100.8||332. - 361.||QF||Coolidge and Coolidge, 1927||See also Jones, 1960.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Coolidge and Coolidge, 1927
Coolidge, A.S.; Coolidge, M.S., The sublimation pressures of substituted quinones and hydroquinones, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1927, 49, 100-104. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Jones, A.H., Sublimation Pressure Data for Organic Compounds., J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1960, 5, 2, 196-200, https://doi.org/10.1021/je60006a019 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
ΔsubH Enthalpy of sublimation ΔsubH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions ΔvapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.