- Formula: C7H5N
- Molecular weight: 103.1213
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JFDZBHWFFUWGJE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 100-47-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzene, cyano-; Benzoic acid nitrile; Cyanobenzene; Phenyl cyanide; Benzenenitrile; Fenylkyanid; UN 2224
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|ΔfH°gas||219.0||kJ/mol||N/A||Lebedev, Bykova, et al., 1985||Value computed using ΔfHliquid° value of 163.2±1.5 kj/mol from Lebedev, Bykova, et al., 1985 and ΔvapH° value of 55.8 kj/mol from Evans and Skinner, 1959.; DRB|
|ΔfH°gas||219.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Evans and Skinner, 1959||ALS|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Lebedev, Bykova, et al., 1985
Lebedev, B.V.; Bykova, T.A.; Kiparisova, E.G.; Chernomordik, Yu.A.; Kurapov, A.S.; Sergeev, V.A., Thermodynamic study of benzonitrile, the process of its cocyclotrimerization with phenylacetylene, and the 2,4,6-triphenylpyridine that is formed, in the interval 0-330°K, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1985, 274-279. [all data]
Evans and Skinner, 1959
Evans, F.W.; Skinner, H.A., The heats of combustion of organic compounds of nitrogen Part 2.-n-Propyl, isopropyl and phenyl cyandies, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1959, 55, 255-259. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
ΔfH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.