- Formula: C8H8O3
- Molecular weight: 152.1473
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OSWPMRLSEDHDFF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 119-36-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-, methyl ester; Salicylic acid, methyl ester; O-Hydroxybenzoic acid, methyl ester; Analgit; Betula; Betula oil; Betula Lenta; Exagien; Flucarmit; Gaultheria oil; Gaultheria oil, artificial; Gaultheriaoel; Methyl o-hydroxybenzoate; Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate; Oil of Wintergreen; Spicewood oil; Sweet birch oil; Teaberry oil; Wintergreen oil; Wintergruenoel; 2-(Methoxycarbonyl)phenol; 2-Hydroxybenzoic acid, methyl ester; Natural wintergreen oil; Synthetic wintergreen oil; Wintergreen oil, synthetic; Methyl ester of 2-hydroxy-benzoic acid; 2-Carbomethoxyphenol; NSC 8204; Salonpas; Theragesic; 8022-86-4; 648434-07-5; 8024-54-2; 2-Hydroxy methyl ester benzoic acid; Methyl ester 2-hydroxy-benzoic acid
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.