NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday June 16 until 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Monday June 19. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
Benzoic acid, 2-mercapto-
- Formula: C7H6O2S
- Molecular weight: 154.186
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NBOMNTLFRHMDEZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 147-93-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoic acid, o-mercapto-; o-Benzoic acid thiol; o-Mercaptobenzoic acid; o-Sulfhydrylbenzoic acid; o-Thiosalicylic acid; Salicylic acid, 2-thio-; 2-Carboxythiophenol; 2-Mercaptobenzoic acid; Thiosalicylic acid; o-Mercaptobenzoesaeure; USAF EK-T-2805; USAF KF-2; USAF XR-35; o-Carboxythiophenol; Thiophenol-2-carboxylic acid; 2-Thiosalicylic acid; NSC 2184; NSC 660640; 2-Sulfanylbenzoic acid; 860499-02-1
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Go To: Top
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.