Benzoic acid, 4-chloro-
- Formula: C7H5ClO2
- Molecular weight: 156.566
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XRHGYUZYPHTUJZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-11-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzoic acid, p-chloro-; p-Chlorbenzoic acid; p-Chlorobenzoic acid; Chlorodracylic acid; 4-Chlorobenzoic acid; Acido p-clorobenzoico; p-Carboxychlorobenzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
C7H4ClO2- + =
By formula: C7H4ClO2- + H+ = C7H5ClO2
|rH°||1404. ± 8.8||kJ/mol||G+TS||Kebarle and McMahon, 1977||gas phase|
|rG°||1374. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Kebarle and McMahon, 1977||gas phase|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Kebarle and McMahon, 1977
Kebarle, P.; McMahon, T.B., Intrinsic Acidities of Substituted Phenols and Benzoic Acids Determined by Gas Phase Proton Transfer Equilibria, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1977, 99, 7, 2222, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00449a032 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.