- Formula: C6H6O2
- Molecular weight: 110.1106
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GHMLBKRAJCXXBS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 108-46-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,3-Benzenediol; «alpha»-Resorcinol; m-Benzenediol; m-Dihydroxybenzene; m-Dioxybenzene; m-Hydroquinone; m-Hydroxyphenol; Benzene, 1,3-dihydroxy-; C.I. Developer 4; C.I. Oxidation Base 31; C.I. 76505; Developer O; Developer R; Developer RS; Durafur Developer G; Fouramine RS; Fourrine EW; Fourrine 79; Nako TGG; Pelagol Grey RS; Pelagol RS; Resorcin; 1,3-Dihydroxybenzene; 3-Hydroxyphenol; Benzene, m-dihydroxy-; Phenol, m-hydroxy-; NCI-C05970; Rcra waste number U201; Resorcine; UN 2876; NSC 1571; Rodol RS; 1,3-Dihydroxybenzene (resorcinol)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||-68.04 ± 0.29||kcal/mol||Ccr||Sabbah and Buluku, 1991||«DELTA»Hfusion =15.25±0.52 kJ/mol; ALS|
|fH°gas||-65.7||kcal/mol||Ccb||Desai, Wilhoit, et al., 1968||ALS|
|fH°gas||-63.38||kcal/mol||N/A||Pushin, 1954||Value computed using «DELTA»fHsolid° value of -351.2 kj/mol from Pushin, 1954 and «DELTA»subH° value of 86.0 kj/mol from Sabbah and Buluku, 1991.; DRB|
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|8.291||50.||Kudchadker S.A., 1979||GT|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Sabbah and Buluku, 1991
Sabbah, R.; Buluku, E.N.L.E., Thermodynamic study of three isomers of dihydroxybenzene, Can. J. Chem., 1991, 69, 481-488. [all data]
Desai, Wilhoit, et al., 1968
Desai, P.D.; Wilhoit, R.C.; Zwolinski, B.J., Heat of combustion of resorcinol and enthalpies of isomerization of dihydroxybenzenes, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1968, 13, 334-335. [all data]
Pushin, N.A., Heats of combustion and heats of formation of isomeric organic compounds, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belgrade, 1954, 19, 531-547. [all data]
Kudchadker S.A., 1979
Kudchadker S.A., Ideal gas thermodynamic properties of benzene diols: pyrocatechol, resorcinol, and hydroquinone, Thermochim. Acta, 1979, 30, 319-326. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.