- Formula: C2H3N3
- Molecular weight: 69.0653
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NSPMIYGKQJPBQR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 288-88-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: s-Triazole; 1,2,4-Triazole; 1,2,4-1H-Triazole; CGA-71019; Pyrrodiazole
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|fH°gas||46.1 ± 0.2||kcal/mol||Ccb||Jimenez, Roux, et al., 1989||ALS|
|fH°gas||46.30 ± 0.45||kcal/mol||Ccb||Faour and Akasheh, 1985||ALS|
|fH°gas||45.05||kcal/mol||N/A||Masalitinova, Oleinikova, et al., 1984||Value computed using «DELTA»fHsolid° value of 107.9±0.5 kj/mol from Masalitinova, Oleinikova, et al., 1984 and «DELTA»subH° value of 80.6 kj/mol from Jimenez, Roux, et al., 1989.; DRB|
|fH°gas||45.36||kcal/mol||N/A||Aleksandrov, Osipova, et al., 1982||Value computed using «DELTA»fHsolid° value of 109.2±0.9 kj/mol from Aleksandrov, Osipova, et al., 1982 and «DELTA»subH° value of 80.6 kj/mol from Jimenez, Roux, et al., 1989.; DRB|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Jimenez, Roux, et al., 1989
Jimenez, P.; Roux, M.V.; Turrion, C., Thermochemical properties of N-heterocyclic compounds II. Enthalpies of combustion, vapour pressures, enthalpies of sublimation, and enthalpies of formation of 1,2,4-triazole and benzotriazole, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1989, 21, 759-764. [all data]
Faour and Akasheh, 1985
Faour, M.; Akasheh, T.S., Heat of combustion of some N-heterocycle compounds. Part 1, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2, 1985, 811-713. [all data]
Masalitinova, Oleinikova, et al., 1984
Masalitinova, T.N.; Oleinikova, T.P.; Polyakova, L.P., Thermochemical study of 1,2,4-triazole as a reference substnace for the calorimetry of combustion of organonitrogen compounds, Ref. Zh., Khim.; Abstr. No. 7B3028, 1984, 0. [all data]
Aleksandrov, Osipova, et al., 1982
Aleksandrov, Yu.I.; Osipova, T.R.; Yuhkevich, V.F., Study of 1,2,4-triazole as a standard sample in the calorimetry of thoroughly nitrided organic compounds, Termodin. Organ. Soedin., 1982, 42-45. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.