- Formula: C14H20
- Molecular weight: 188.3086
- CAS Registry Number: 2292-79-7
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-34.87 ± 0.58||kcal/mol||Ccb||Clark, Knox, et al., 1979||Gas flow technique for Hs, see Clark, Knox, et al., 1975 AND Carson, Laye, et al., 1971|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Clark, Knox, et al., 1979
Clark, T.; Knox, T.M.O.; McKervey, M.A.; Mackle, H.; Rooney, J.J., Thermochemistry of bridged-ring substances. Enthalpies of formation of some diamondoid hydrocarbons and of perhydroquinacene. Comparisons with data from empirical force field calculations, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 2404-2410. [all data]
Clark, Knox, et al., 1975
Clark, T.; Knox, T.M.; Mackle, H.; McKervey, M.A.; Rooney, J.J., Calorimetric evaluation of enthalpies of formation of some bridged-ring hydrocarbons. Comparison with data from empirical force field calculations., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 3835-3836. [all data]
Carson, Laye, et al., 1971
Carson, A.S.; Laye, P.G.; Steele, W.V.; Johnson, D.E.; McKervey, M.A., The enthalpy of formation of diamantane, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1971, 3, 915-918. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.