- Formula: C2N2
- Molecular weight: 52.0348
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JMANVNJQNLATNU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 460-19-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethanedinitrile; Cyanogen (C2N2); Carbon nitride (C2N2); Dicyanogen; Nitriloacetonitrile; Oxalic acid dinitrile; Oxalonitrile; NCCN; Dicyan; Cyanogen gas; Carbon nitride; Cyanogene; Oxalic nitrile; Prussite; Rcra waste number P031; UN 1026; (CN)2; Oxalyl cyanide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|S°liquid||33.181||cal/mol*K||N/A||Ruehrwein and Giauque, 1939|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|25.270||255.||Ruehrwein and Giauque, 1939||T = 15 to 252 K.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Ruehrwein and Giauque, 1939
Ruehrwein, R.A.; Giauque, W.F., The entropy of cyanogen. Heat capacity and vapor pressure of solid and liquid. Heats of fusion and vaporization, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1939, 61, 2940-2944. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.