- Formula: CH3IS
- Molecular weight: 174.004
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KMLSFWQTQIKPFQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 86381-89-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = +
By formula: HI + CH3IS = CH4S + I2
|rH°||-12.0 ± 2.3||kJ/mol||Eqk||Shum and Benson, 1983||gas phase|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Shum and Benson, 1983
Shum, L.G.S.; Benson, S.W., Thermochemnistry and kinetics of the reaction of methyl mercaptan with iodine, Int. J. Chem. Kinet., 1983, 15, 433-453. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.