- Formula: F2Mg
- Molecular weight: 62.3018
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ORUIBWPALBXDOA-UHFFFAOYSA-L
- CAS Registry Number: 7783-40-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|subH°||83.2 ± 1.0||kcal/mol||N/A||Greenbaum, Ko, et al., 1964|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|subH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|78.2 ± 1.0||1400.||TE||Greenbaum, Ko, et al., 1964||Based on data from 1273. - 1513. K.|
|85.99||1330.||MS||Berkowitz and Marquart, 1962||Based on data from 1220. - 1450. K.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Greenbaum, Ko, et al., 1964
Greenbaum, Michael A.; Ko, Hon Chung; Wong, Madeline; Farber, Milton, The Vapor Pressure and Heat and Entropy of Sublimation of Solid Magnesium Fluoride, J. Phys. Chem., 1964, 68, 4, 965-968, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100786a510 . [all data]
Berkowitz and Marquart, 1962
Berkowitz, J.; Marquart, J.R., Mass-spectrometric study of the magnesium halides, J. Chem. Phys., 1962, 37, 1853. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
subH Enthalpy of sublimation subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.