- Formula: C3H6O
- Molecular weight: 58.0791
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GOOHAUXETOMSMM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-56-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Oxirane, methyl-; Epoxypropane; Methyloxirane; Propane, 1,2-epoxy-; Propene oxide; Propylene epoxide; 1,2-Epoxypropane; 1,2-Propylene oxide; 2,3-Epoxypropane; 3-Methyl-1,2-epoxypropane; 2-Methyloxiran; Methylethylene oxide; AD 6; Ethylene oxide, methyl-; NCI-C50099; Oxyde de propylene; Propane, epoxy-; UN 1280; 2-Methyl oxirane; Epihydrin; (.+/-.)-Methyloxirane; AD 6 (suspending agent); Methyloxacyclopropane; Oxirane, 2-methyl-; (.+/-.)-1,2-Epoxypropane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||60.||447.||Cao and Zhang, 2006||Column length: 50. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||70.||447.||Cao and Zhang, 2006||Column length: 50. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||80.||448.||Cao and Zhang, 2006||Column length: 50. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Packed||Apieson L||120.||460.||Kurdina, Markovich, et al., 1969||not specified, not specified|
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||477.||Farkas, Héberger, et al., 2004||Program: not specified|
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Cao and Zhang, 2006
Cao, J.; Zhang, H., Inquire into qualitative analysis of epoxyalkyl isomeride, Contemporary Chem. Ind. (Chinese), 2006, 35, 5, 374-377. [all data]
Kurdina, Markovich, et al., 1969
Kurdina, Z.G.; Markovich, V.E.; Sakharov, V.M., Gas chromatography of cyclic O-containing compounds in Gas chromatography, Issue # 10, NIITEKhim, Moscow, 1969, 128-133. [all data]
Farkas, Héberger, et al., 2004
Farkas, O.; Héberger, K.; Zenkevich, I.G., Quantitative structure-retention relationships. XIV. Prediction of gas chromatographic retention indices for saturated O-, N-, and S-heterocyclic compounds, Chemom. Intell. Lab. Syst., 2004, 72, 2, 173-184, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemolab.2004.01.012 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.