- Formula: C6H11I
- Molecular weight: 210.0560
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FUCOMWZKWIEKRK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 626-62-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Cyclohexyl iodide; Iodocyclohexane; c-C6H11I
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = +
By formula: HI + C6H11I = C6H12 + I2
|rH°||-32.6 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Cm||Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956||gas phase; Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -28. ± 4.2 kJ/mol|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Brennan and Ubbelohde, 1956
Brennan, D.; Ubbelohde, A.R., A thermochemical evaluation of bond strengths in some carbon compounds. Part IV. Bond-strength differences based on the reaction: RI + HI = RH + I2, where R = p-methoxyphenyl and cyclohexyl, J. Chem. Soc., 1956, 3011-3016. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.