- Formula: C6H12O6
- Molecular weight: 180.1559
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GZCGUPFRVQAUEE-KCDKBNATSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 59-23-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Galactose, D-; D-(+)-Galactose; Galactose
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Although only a single structure is shown, this species may exist in several forms including a linear molecule, a five membered ring and a six membered ring.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference|
|43.8||436.2||Jónsdóttir, Cooke, et al., 2002|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Jónsdóttir, Cooke, et al., 2002
Jónsdóttir, Svava Ósk; Cooke, Stephen A.; Macedo, Eugénia A., Modeling and measurements of solid--liquid and vapor--liquid equilibria of polyols and carbohydrates in aqueous solution, Carbohydrate Research, 2002, 337, 17, 1563-1571, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6215(02)00213-6 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fusH Enthalpy of fusion
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.