- Formula: C5H9NO4
- Molecular weight: 147.1293
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WHUUTDBJXJRKMK-GSVOUGTGSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 56-86-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Glutamic acid, L-; «alpha»-Aminoglutaric acid; «alpha»-Glutamic acid; (S)-(+)-Glutamic acid; Aciglut; Glusate; Glutacid; Glutamic acid; Glutamicol; Glutamidex; Glutaminic acid; Glutaton; L-(+)-Glutamic acid; L-Glutaminic acid; Pentanedioic acid, 2-amino-, (S)-; 1-Aminopropane-1,3-dicarboxylic acid; 2-Aminopentanedioic acid; L-2-aminoglutaric acid; (S)-Glutamic acid; D-Glutamiensuur; (S)-2-Aminopentanedioic acid; 2-Aminoglutaric acid; (2S)-2-Aminopentanedioic acid; Glutaminol; L (+)-glutamic acid, alpha-form; NSC 143503
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
Condensed Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Notice: Except where noted, spectra from this collection were measured on dispersive instruments, often in carefully selected solvents, and hence may differ in detail from measurements on FTIR instruments or in other chemical environments. More information on the manner in which spectra in this collection were collected can be found here.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||STANDARD OIL OF OHIO|
|Source reference||COBLENTZ NO. 4642|
|Date||Not specified, most likely prior to 1970|
|State||SOLID (SPLIT MULL)|
|Instrument||Not specified, most likely a grating spectrometer.|
|Path length||(KBr PLATES)|
|Data processing||DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS)|
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.