- Formula: C6H12O6
- Molecular weight: 180.1559
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GZCGUPFRVQAUEE-SLPGGIOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 50-99-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: D-Glucose; Anhydrous dextrose; Cartose; Cerelose; Corn sugar; D-(+)-Glucose; Dextropur; Dextrose; Dextrosol; Glucolin; Grape sugar; Sugar, grape; D-Glucose, anhydrous; Dextrose, anhydrous; Glucose (D); Glucose, anhydrous; Glucose liquid; Blood sugar; Roferose ST; Cerelose 2001; Glucosteril; Goldsugar; Maxim Energy Gel; Staleydex 111; Staleydex 333; Tabfine 097(HS); Vadex; (+)-Glucose
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Although only a single structure is shown, this species may exist in several forms including a linear molecule, a five membered ring and a six membered ring.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Robert C. Dunbar
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: Na+ + C6H12O6 = (Na+ C6H12O6)
|rH°||174.||kJ/mol||CIDC||Cerda and Wesdemiotis, 1999|
Free energy of reaction
|rG° (kJ/mol)||T (K)||Method||Reference|
|0.0||298.||CIDC||Cerda and Wesdemiotis, 1999|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Cerda and Wesdemiotis, 1999
Cerda, B.A.; Wesdemiotis, C., Thermochemistry and Structures of Na+ Coordinated Mono- and Disaccharide Stereoisomers, Int. J. Mass Spectrom., 1999, 189, 2-3, 189, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1387-3806(99)00085-8 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
T Temperature rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.