- Formula: C14H10
- Molecular weight: 178.2292
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JRXXLCKWQFKACW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 501-65-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Diphenylethyne; Benzene, 1,1'-(1,2-ethynediyl)bis-; Acetylene, diphenyl-; Ethyne, diphenyl-; Tolan; Tolane; 1,2-Diphenylacetylene; 1,1'-(1,2-Ethanediyl)bisbenzene; NSC 5185
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||385. ± 2.7||kJ/mol||Chyd||Davis, Allinger, et al., 1985||ALS|
|S°gas||452.||J/mol*K||N/A||Alcolea Palafox M., 1996||This value was calculated by semiempirical AM1 method. According to estimation by difference method [ Dorofeeva O.V., 1997] it could be overestimated by 15-30 J/mol*K.; GT|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Davis, Allinger, et al., 1985
Davis, H.E.; Allinger, N.L.; Rogers, D.W., Enthalpies of hydrogenation of phenylalkynes: indirect determination of the enthalpy of formation of diphenylcyclopropenone, J. Org. Chem., 1985, 50, 3601-3604. [all data]
Alcolea Palafox M., 1996
Alcolea Palafox M., Vibrational spectra and structure of diphenylacetylenes, Spectrosc. Lett., 1996, 29, 241-266. [all data]
Dorofeeva O.V., 1997
Dorofeeva O.V., Unpublished results. Thermocenter of Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, 1997. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
S°gas Entropy of gas at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.