- Formula: C2H2F3I
- Molecular weight: 209.9370
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: RKOUFQLNMRAACI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 353-83-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2,2,2-Trifluoroethyl iodide; CF3CH2I; 2-Iodo-1,1,1-trifluoroethane; Trifluoroethyl iodide; 1H,1H-Perfluoroethyl iodide; Ethane, 1,1,1-trifluoro-2-iodo-; 1,1,1-trifluoroiodoethane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = +
By formula: C2H3F3 + I2 = HI + C2H2F3I
|rH°||-64. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Eqk||Wu and Rodgers, 1974||gas phase; Heat of formation Unpublished results by B.J. Zwolinski|
+ = +
By formula: C2H2BrF3 + I2 = C2H2F3I + BrI
|rH°||28. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Eqk||Buckley, Ford, et al., 1980||gas phase; GLC;hf298_gas[kcal/mol]=-166.8±1.1; Kolesov and Papina, 1983|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Wu and Rodgers, 1974
Wu, E.; Rodgers, A.S., Thermochemistry of gas-phase equilibrium CF3CH3 + I2 = CF3CH2I + HI. The carbon-hydrogen bond dissociation energy in 1,1,1-trifluoroethane and the heat of formation of the 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl radical, J. Phys. Chem., 1974, 78, 2315-2317. [all data]
Buckley, Ford, et al., 1980
Buckley, G.S.; Ford, W.G.F.; Rodgers, A.S., The thermochemistry of the gas phase reaction: CF3CH2Br + I2 = CF3CH2I + IBr. Polarity effects in thermochemistry, Thermochim. Acta, 1980, 42, 349-355. [all data]
Kolesov and Papina, 1983
Kolesov, V.P.; Papina, T.S., Thermochemistry of Haloethanes, Russ. Chem. Rev., 1983, 52, 425. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.