- Formula: C6H10N2O2
- Molecular weight: 142.1558
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VSJRBQDMBFFHMC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 16820-12-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Hydantoin, 5-ethyl-5-methyl-; Methylethylhydantoin; T11; 5-Ethyl-5-methylhydantoin; 5-Methyl-5-ethylhydantoin; 5-Ethyl-5-methyl-2,4-imidazolidinedione; NSC 1020; 5-ethyl-5-methylimidazolidine-2,4-dione; DL-5-Ethyl-5-methyl-2,4-imidazolidinedione
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°solid||-566.1 ± 1.6||kJ/mol||Ccb||Tavernier and Lamouroux, 1955||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -558.8 ± 1.6 kJ/mol|
|cH°solid||-3224.1 ± 1.6||kJ/mol||Ccb||Tavernier and Lamouroux, 1955||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -3231.5 ± 1.6 kJ/mol|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Tavernier and Lamouroux, 1955
Tavernier, P.; Lamouroux, M., Determinations calorimetriques relatives a douze substances organiques susceptibles d'utilisation dans les poudres, Mem. Poudres, 1955, 37, 197-206. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.