- Formula: C9H8O4
- Molecular weight: 180.1574
- CAS Registry Number: 1679-64-7
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|subH°||124.1 ± 1.0||kJ/mol||ME||Monte and Sousa, 2005||Based on data from 363. - 381. K.|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|subH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|121.0 ± 0.5||372.3||ME||Monte and Sousa, 2005||Based on data from 363. - 381. K.|
|72.1||448.||N/A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 433. - 493. K.|
|82.8||473.||GS||Kraus, Beranek, et al., 1962||Based on data from 433. - 493. K.|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference|
|37.68||92.5||DSC||Monte and Sousa, 2005|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Monte and Sousa, 2005
Monte, Manuel J.S.; Sousa, Carlos A.D., Vapor Pressures and Phase Changes Enthalpy and Gibbs Energy of Three Crystalline Monomethyl Benzenedicarboxylates, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2005, 50, 6, 2101-2105, https://doi.org/10.1021/je0503305 . [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Kraus, Beranek, et al., 1962
Kraus, M.; Beranek, L.; Kochloeff, K.; Bazant, V., Chem. Prum., 1962, 12, 649. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH Enthalpy of sublimation subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.