Methyl ammonium aluminum alum
- Formula: CH6AlNO8S2·H24O12
- Molecular weight: 467.355
- CAS Registry Number: 15243-18-2
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Temperature of phase transition
|Ttrs (K)||Initial Phase||Final Phase||Reference||Comment|
|176.18||crystaline, II||crystaline, I||Ashworth and Steeple, 1968||S = 9.70 J/mol*K 90 K Anomaly: Schottky type anomaly between 65 and 120 K, maximum at 90 K, entropy estimated to be between 6 and 9 J/mol*K. 176 K Anomaly: Due to free rotation of methylammonium group (CH3NH3); observed entropy change at 176.18 K is 9.70 J/mol*K.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Ashworth and Steeple, 1968
Ashworth, T.; Steeple, H., The continuous heating method of calorimetry and its application to the study of low temperature specific heat anomalies in methyl-ammonium alum, Cryogenics, 1968, 8, 225-234. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Ttrs Temperature of phase transition
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.