- Formula: C6H15N
- Molecular weight: 101.1900
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZMANZCXQSJIPKH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 121-44-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethanamine, N,N-diethyl-; (C2H5)3N; (Diethylamino)ethane; N,N-Diethylethanamine; TEN; Triaethylamin; Trietilamina; UN 1296; 1069-58-5 (maleate); 554-68-7 (chloride)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|34.96||N/A||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|35.4 ± 0.2||N/A||Mokbel, Razzouk, et al., 2009||Based on data from 273. - 353. K.; AC|
|35.5||N/A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 283. - 363. K.; AC|
|34.8 ± 0.2||C||Majer, Svoboda, et al., 1979||AC|
|35.1||N/A||Chun, Drummond, et al., 1975||Based on data from 283. - 313. K.; AC|
|34.9 ± 0.1||C||Wadsö, Heikkilä, et al., 1969||AC|
|34.94 ± 0.06||C||Wadso, 1969||ALS|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Mokbel, Razzouk, et al., 2009
Mokbel, Ilham; Razzouk, Antonio; Sawaya, Terufat; Jose, Jacques, Experimental Vapor Pressures of 2-Phenylethylamine, Benzylamine, Triethylamine, and cis -2,6-Dimethylpiperidine in the Range between 0.2 Pa and 75 kPa, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2009, 54, 3, 819-822, https://doi.org/10.1021/je800603z . [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Majer, Svoboda, et al., 1979
Majer, Vladimír; Svoboda, Václav; Koubek, Josef; Pick, Jirí, Temperature dependence of heats of vaporization, saturated vapour pressures and cohesive energies for a group of amines, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 1979, 44, 12, 3521-3528, https://doi.org/10.1135/cccc19793521 . [all data]
Chun, Drummond, et al., 1975
Chun, Kil W.; Drummond, Joseph C.; Smith, William H.; Davison, Richard R., Vapor-liquid equilibrium of binary mixtures of butyl alcohols with triethylamine, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1975, 20, 1, 58-61, https://doi.org/10.1021/je60064a010 . [all data]
Wadsö, Heikkilä, et al., 1969
Wadsö, Ingemar; Heikkilä, Jussi; Beagley, B.; Aalto, Tarja; Werner, Per-Erik; Junggren, Ulf; Lamm, Bo; Samuelsson, Benny, Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds. III. Amines., Acta Chem. Scand., 1969, 23, 2061-2064, https://doi.org/10.3891/acta.chem.scand.23-2061 . [all data]
Wadso, I., Enthalpies of vaporization of organic compounds, Acta Chem. Scand., 1969, 23, 2061. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.