- Formula: C5H9N
- Molecular weight: 83.1317
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: RFFFKMOABOFIDF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 110-59-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Valeronitrile; Butane, 1-cyano-; Butyl cyanide; 1-Cyanobutane; CH3(CH2)3CN; Pentanonitrile; n-Valeronitrile; 1-Butyl cyanide; n-Pentanenitrile
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|43.64||N/A||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|43.60 ± 0.10||V||Howard and Wadso, 1970||ALS|
|44.27||V||Konicek, Prochzka, et al., 1969||ALS|
|44.3||N/A||Konicek, Prochzka, et al., 1969||DRB|
|44.3||N/A||Konicek, Prochzka, et al., 1969||AC|
|44.1 ± 0.2||MM||Heim, 1933||Based on data from 394. - 439. K. See also Emel'yanenko, Verevkin, et al., 2005.; AC|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Howard and Wadso, 1970
Howard, P.B.; Wadso, I., Enthalpies of vaporization of organic compounds IV. Alkyl Nitriles, Acta Chem. Scand., 1970, 24, 145. [all data]
Konicek, Prochzka, et al., 1969
Konicek, J.; Prochzka, M.; Krestanov, V.; Smisek, M., Thermochemie der nitrile I. Über die bildungswärmen aliphatischer nitrile, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 1969, 34, 2249-2257. [all data]
Heim, G., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1933, 42, 467. [all data]
Emel'yanenko, Verevkin, et al., 2005
Emel'yanenko, Vladimir N.; Verevkin, Sergey P.; Koutek, Bohumir; Doubsky, Jan, Vapour pressures and enthalpies of vapourization of a series of the linear aliphatic nitriles, The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 2005, 37, 1, 73-81, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2004.08.004 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.