- Formula: F5S
- Molecular weight: 127.057
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HAQZDUWRNKKMQY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 10546-01-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
(F6S- 4294967295) + = F6S-
By formula: (F6S- 4294967295F5S) + F5S = F6S-
|rH°||169. ± 14.||kJ/mol||N/A||Grimsrud, Chowdhury, et al., 1985||gas phase; «DELTA»Gea(423 K) = -29.8 kcal/mol; «DELTA»Sea = +13 eu. See also Chowdhury, Heinis, et al., 1986, Bopp, Roscioli, et al., 2007|
|rH°||179. ± 12.||kJ/mol||CIDT||Lobring, Check, et al., 2003||gas phase; Affinity: SF5- + F. Barrier to dissociation, but less than barrier to photodissociation|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Grimsrud, Chowdhury, et al., 1985
Grimsrud, E.P.; Chowdhury, S.; Kebarle, P., Electron affinity of SF6 and perfluoromethylcyclohexane. The unusual kinetics of electron transfer reactions A- + B- + A, where A = SF6 or perfluorinated cycloalkanes, J. Chem. Phys., 1985, 83, 1059. [all data]
Chowdhury, Heinis, et al., 1986
Chowdhury, S.; Heinis, T.; Grimsrud, E.P.; Kebarle, P., Entropy Changes and Electron Affinities from Gas-Phase Electron Transfer Equilibria: A- + B = A + B-, J. Phys. Chem., 1986, 90, 12, 2747, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100403a037 . [all data]
Bopp, Roscioli, et al., 2007
Bopp, J.C.; Roscioli, J.R.; Johnson, M.A.; Miller, T.M.; Viggiano, A.A.; Villano, S.M.; Wren, S.W.; Lineberger, Spectroscopic characterization of the isolated SF6- and C4F8- anions: Observation of very long harmonic progressions in symmetric deformation modes upon photodetachment, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2007, 111, 7, 1214-1221, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0665372 . [all data]
Lobring, Check, et al., 2003
Lobring, K.C.; Check, C.E.; Gilbert, T.M.; Sunderlin, L.S., New measurements of the thermochemistry of SF5- and SF6-, Int. J. Mass Spectrom., 2003, 227, 3, 361-372, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1387-3806(03)00105-2 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.