NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C13H18O2
- Molecular weight: 206.2808
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HEFNNWSXXWATRW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 15687-27-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzeneacetic acid, «alpha»-methyl-4-(2-methylpropyl)-; 4-Isobutyl-«alpha»-methylphenylacetic acid; «alpha»-(p-isobutylphenyl)propionic acid; «alpha»-(4-Isobutylphenyl)propionic acid; (.+/-.)-p-Isobutylhydratropic acid; (.+/-.)-2-(p-Isobutylphenyl)propionic acid; p-Isobutylhydratropic acid; Acide (isobutyl-4 phenyl)-2 propionique; Andran; Brufen; Buburone; Dolgit; Ebufac; Hydratropic acid, p-isobutyl-; Ibu-slo; Ibuprocin; IP-82; Liptan; Motrin; Nobfelon; Pantrop; R.D. 13621; Rebugen; U-18,573; 2-(p-Isobutylphenyl)propionic acid; 2-(4-Isobutylphenyl)propanoic acid; 4-Isobutylhydratropic acid; Adran; Anflagen; Artril 300; Bluton; Brufanic; Butylenin; Dolgin; Emodin; Epobron; Ibufen; Lamidon; Mynosedin; Napacetin; Nobfen; Nobgen; Nurofen; Roidenin; Benzeneacetic acid, «alpha»-methyl-4-(2-methylpropyl), (.+/-.)-; Advil; Haltran; Medipren; Midol 200; Nuprin; PediaProfen; Trendar; «alpha»-2-(p-Isobutylphenyl)propionic acid; Propanoic acid, 2-(4-isobutylphenyl); RD 13621; 4-Isobutylphenyl)-«alpha»-methylacetic acid; (RS)-Ibuprofen; p-Isobutyl-2-phenylpropionic acid; Burana; Butacortelone; Carol; Cobo; Optifen; Ostofen; Panafen; Proartinal; Proflex; Quadrax; Uprofen; Dibufen; Ibupril; Apsifen; «alpha»-Methyl-4-(2-methylpropyl)benzeneacetic acid; Advil Cold & Sinus (Salt/Mix); Children's Elixsure IB (Salt/Mix); Combunox (Salt/Mix); Motrin IB Gelcaps (Salt/Mix); Sine-Aid IB Caplets (Salt/Mix); (±) «alpha»-methyl-4-(isobutyl)phenylacetic acid (ibuprofen)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.