- Formula: C6H14O2
- Molecular weight: 118.1742
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: POAOYUHQDCAZBD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 111-76-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: β-Butoxyethanol; Butyl cellosolve; Butyl glycol; Butyl oxitol; BuCs; Dowanol EB; Ethylene glycol butyl ether; Ethylene glycol monobutyl ether; Gafcol EB; Glycol butyl ether; Glycol monobutyl ether; Monobutyl glycol ether; O-Butyl ethylene glycol; Poly-Solv EB; 2-Butoxy-1-ethanol; 2-Butoxyethanol; 3-Oxa-1-heptanol; Butyl 2-hydroxyethyl ether; 2-Hydroxyethyl n-butyl ether; n-Butoxyethanol; 2-n-Butoxyethanol; Ethylene glycol mono-n-butyl ether; Butoksyetylowy alkohol; Butoxyethanol; Butyglycol; Ethylene glycol n-butyl ether; Monobutyl ether of ethylene glycol; 2-Butossi-etanolo; 2-Butoxy-aethanol; Butylcelosolv; Ektasolve EB; Glycol ether EB; Jeffersol EB; Butyl Cellu-Sol; Chimec NR; Butyl monoether glycol; Minex BDH; Butyl icinol; 2-Butoxyethan-1-ol; 2-n-Butoxy-1-ethanol; EGBE; NSC 60759; n-Butyl cellosolve; Glycol ether eb acetate; UN 2369; Ektasolve EB solvent; Ether alcohol; 2-butoxyethanol (butyl cellosolve)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.