2-Propenoic acid, methyl ester
- Formula: C4H6O2
- Molecular weight: 86.0892
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: BAPJBEWLBFYGME-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 96-33-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Acrylic acid methyl ester; Methoxycarbonylethylene; Methyl acrylate; Methyl propenoate; Methyl 2-propenoate; CH2=CHCOOCH3; Methyl propenate; Acrylate de methyle; Acrylsaeuremethylester; Methyl-acrylat; Methylacrylaat; Metilacrilato; Curithane 103; Methylester kyseliny akrylove; UN 1919; Methyl prop-2-enoate; Methyl ester of 2-propenoic acid; Methyl ester acrylic acid; NSC 24146
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Antoine Equation Parameters
Go To: Top, References, Notes
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|229.5 - 353.3||4.32327||1338.663||-43.516||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
Moving the mouse pointer over or near a point will display the coordinates of the point. The number of digits shown do not reflect the uncertainty of the value.
On newer browsers the following keyboard commands are supported:
|L||Toggle log-log display if possible.|
|S||Toggle semilog (log Y) display if possible.|
|K||Move / hide legend (key). Repeated presses of this key will posiiton the legend in the following sequence: upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left, hidden.|
Click in or tab to the plot area to enable keyboard commands.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Additonal code used was developed at NIST: plot-data.js.
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Go To: Top, Antoine Equation Parameters, Notes
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Antoine Equation Parameters, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.