- Formula: C6H11NO
- Molecular weight: 113.1576
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GGYVTHJIUNGKFZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 931-20-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2-Piperidone, 1-methyl-; N-Methyl-«delta»-valerolactam; N-Methyl-2-piperidinone; N-Methyl-2-piperidone; 1-Methyl-2-piperidinone; 1-Methyl-2-piperidone; 1-Methylpiperidine-2-one; 1-Methylpiperidin-2-one; N-Methylvalerolactam; NSC 67384
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|vapH°||60.3 ± 0.9||kJ/mol||C||Ribeiro da Silva and Cabral, 2006||AC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|378.7||0.016||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|55.4||356.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 341. - 385. K.; AC|
|54.4 ± 3.1||403.||E||Beak, Bonham, et al., 1968||ALS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Ribeiro da Silva and Cabral, 2006
Ribeiro da Silva, Manuel A.V.; Cabral, Joana I.T.A., Thermochemistry of Some Derivatives of 2- and 4-Piperidone, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2006, 51, 5, 1556-1561, https://doi.org/10.1021/je060046t . [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Beak, Bonham, et al., 1968
Beak, P.; Bonham, J.; Lee, J.T., Jr., Equilibration studies. The energy differences for some six-membered heterocyclic methyl amide-imidate isomer paris, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1968, 90, 1569-1582. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.