- Formula: C10H7Cl
- Molecular weight: 162.616
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CGYGETOMCSJHJU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 91-58-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: «beta»-Chloronaphthalene; 2-Chloronaphthalene; Chloronaphthalene; 2-Chlornaftalen; Rcra waste number U047
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°solid||55.2 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Ccb||Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953||Heat of formation derived by Cox and Pilcher, 1970; ALS|
|cH°solid||-5014.5 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Ccb||Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -5007.16 kJ/mol; ALS|
|S°solid,1 bar||202.13||J/mol*K||N/A||Van Miltenburg and Verdonk, 1991||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|235.64||298.15||Van Miltenburg and Verdonk, 1991||T = 5 to 370 K. There is an extended solid-to-solid transition between 260 and 309 K, of two regions, between 260-290 and 290-309 K.; DH|
|150.||250.||Loyzance, Rey-Lafon, et al., 1978||T = 4.2 to 300 K. Data given graphically and estimated from graph. Transition at 308 K makes heat capacity at 298 K anomalous.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953
Smith, L.; Bjellerup, L.; Krook, S.; Westermark, H., Heats of combustion of organic chloro compounds determined by the "quartz wool" method, Acta Chem. Scand., 1953, 7, 65. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Van Miltenburg and Verdonk, 1991
Van Miltenburg, J.C.; Verdonk, M.L., Molar heat capacities of 2-chloronaphthalene at temperatures between 5K and 370K, J. Chem. Thermodynam., 1991, 23, 273-279. [all data]
Loyzance, Rey-Lafon, et al., 1978
Loyzance, P.L.; Rey-Lafon, M.; Bonjour, E., Vibrational and calorimetric study of polymorphism in 2-fluoro and 2-chloronaphthalene - nature of disorder, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 1978, 39, 967-970. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid S°solid,1 bar Entropy of solid at standard conditions (1 bar) cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.