- Formula: C10H8
- Molecular weight: 128.1705
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UFWIBTONFRDIAS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 91-20-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Albocarbon; Dezodorator; Moth flakes; Naphthalin; Naphthaline; Naphthene; Tar camphor; White tar; Camphor tar; Moth balls; Naftalen; NCI-C52904; Mighty 150; Mighty RD1; Rcra waste number U165; UN 1334; UN 2304; NSC 37565
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Henry's Law data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Rolf Sander
Henry's Law constant (water solution)
kH(T) = k°H exp(d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) ((1/T) - 1/(298.15 K)))
k°H = Henry's law constant for solubility in water at 298.15 K (mol/(kg*bar))
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) = Temperature dependence constant (K)
|k°H (mol/(kg*bar))||d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|0.80||Q||N/A||missing citation give several references for the Henry's law constants but don't assign them to specific species.|
|2.1||M||Mackay, Shiu, et al., 1979|
|2.1||T||Mackay, Shiu, et al., 1979|
|1.9||V||Bohon and Claussen, 1951|
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, Notes
Mackay, Shiu, et al., 1979
Mackay, D.; Shiu, W.-Y.; Sutherland, R.P., Determination of Air-Water Henry's Law Constants for Hydrophobic Pollutants, Environ. Sci. Technol., 1979, 13, 333-337. [all data]
Bohon and Claussen, 1951
Bohon, R.L.; Claussen, W.F., The solubility of aromatic hydrocarbons in water, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1951, 73, 1571-1578. [all data]
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) Temperature dependence parameter for Henry's Law constant k°H Henry's Law constant at 298.15K
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.