- Formula: HK
- Molecular weight: 40.1062
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NTTOTNSKUYCDAV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 7693-26-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
Ionization energy determinations
|8.0 ± 1.0||S||Farber, Srivastava, et al., 1982||LBLHLM|
K- + =
By formula: K- + H+ = HK
|rH°||1439.840 ± 0.042||kJ/mol||D-EA||Andersson, Sandstrom, et al., 2000||gas phase; Given: 0.501459(12) eV; B|
|rG°||1420.4 ± 1.3||kJ/mol||H-TS||Andersson, Sandstrom, et al., 2000||gas phase; Given: 0.501459(12) eV; B|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Farber, Srivastava, et al., 1982
Farber, M.; Srivastava, R.D.; Moyer, J.W., Mass spectrometric determination of the thermodynamics of potassium hydroxide and minor potassium-containing species required in magnetohydrodynamic power systems, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1982, 14, 1103. [all data]
Andersson, Sandstrom, et al., 2000
Andersson, K.T.; Sandstrom, J.; Kiyan, I.Y.; Hanstorp, D.; Pegg, D.J., Measurement of the electron affinity of potassium - art. no. 022503, Phys. Rev. A, 2000, 62, 2, 22503, https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.62.022503 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.