- Formula: C2H5I
- Molecular weight: 155.9656
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HVTICUPFWKNHNG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 75-03-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethyl iodide; Hydriodic ether; Iodoethane; Monoiodoethane; C2H5I; Ethyljodid; Jodethan; 1-Iodoethane; NSC 8825
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ 2 = 2 +
By formula: H2 + 2C2H5I = 2C2H6 + I2
|rH°||-88.7 ± 3.3||kJ/mol||Chyd||Ashcroft, Carson, et al., 1965||liquid phase|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Ashcroft, Carson, et al., 1965
Ashcroft, S.J.; Carson, A.S.; Carter, W.; Laye, P.G., Thermochemistry of reductions caused by lithium aluminium hydride. Part 3.- The C-halogen bond dissociation energies in ethyl iodine and ethyl bromide, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1965, 61, 225-229. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.