- Formula: C3H4
- Molecular weight: 40.0639
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MWWATHDPGQKSAR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 74-99-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methylacetylene; 1-Propyne; Allylene; Propine; CH3C«equiv»CH; Acetylene, methyl-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: Co+ + C3H4 = (Co+ C3H4)
Enthalpy of reaction
|rH° (kJ/mol)||T (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|79.1 (+8.8,-0.)||CID||Haynes and Armentrout, 1994||gas phase; «DELTA»rH>=, guided ion beam CID|
+ = ( )
By formula: Li+ + C3H4 = (Li+ C3H4)
|rH°||119.||kJ/mol||ICR||Staley and Beauchamp, 1975||gas phase; switching reaction(Li+)H2O, from graph; Dzidic and Kebarle, 1970 extrapolated|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Haynes and Armentrout, 1994
Haynes, C.L.; Armentrout, P.B., Thermochemistry and Structures of CoC3H6+: Metallacyclic and Metal-Alkene Isomers, Organomettalics, 1994, 13, 9, 3480, https://doi.org/10.1021/om00021a022 . [all data]
Staley and Beauchamp, 1975
Staley, R.H.; Beauchamp, J.L., Intrinsic Acid - Base Properties of Molecules. Binding Energies of Li+ to pi - and n - Donor Bases, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 20, 5920, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00853a050 . [all data]
Dzidic and Kebarle, 1970
Dzidic, I.; Kebarle, P., Hydration of the Alkali Ions in the Gas Phase. Enthalpies and Entropies of Reactions M+(H2O)n-1 + H2O = M+(H2O)n, J. Phys. Chem., 1970, 74, 7, 1466, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100702a013 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
T Temperature rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.