- Formula: C7H8N2O
- Molecular weight: 136.1512
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LUBJCRLGQSPQNN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 64-10-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Monophenylurea; N-Phenylurea; Phenylcarbamide; Phenylurea; Stabilisator VH; Stabilizer VH; VH; 1-Phenylurea; PC; NSC 2781; Urea, N-phenyl
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|Tboil||511.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tfus||420.6||K||N/A||Ferro and DellaGatta, 1987||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|subH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|33. ± 1.||406.||TE||Ferro and Della Gatta, 1987||Based on data from 392. - 412. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|5.6597||420.6||Ferro and Della Gatta, 1987||DH|
Entropy of fusion
|fusS (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|13.5||420.6||Ferro and Della Gatta, 1987||DH|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Ferro and DellaGatta, 1987
Ferro, D.; DellaGatta, G., Enthalpies of Subl. and Fusion of Monophenyl and Diphenyl-1,3-urea, Thermochim. Acta, 1987, 122, 189. [all data]
Ferro and Della Gatta, 1987
Ferro, D.; Della Gatta, G., Enthalpies of sublimation and fusion of monophenylurea and diphenyl-1,3-urea, Thermochim. Acta, 1987, 122, 189-195. [all data]
Acree, William E., Thermodynamic properties of organic compounds: enthalpy of fusion and melting point temperature compilation, Thermochimica Acta, 1991, 189, 1, 37-56, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(91)87098-H . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point fusH Enthalpy of fusion fusS Entropy of fusion subH Enthalpy of sublimation
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.