Formic acid, hexyl ester
- Formula: C7H14O2
- Molecular weight: 130.1849
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OUGPMNMLWKSBRI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 629-33-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Hexyl formate; Hexyl formate; n-Hexyl methanoate; Hexyl formiate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||FFAP||Carbowax 20M|
|Column length (m)||30.||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.20|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.5|
|Heat rate (K/min)||4.||1.|
|Initial hold (min)||5.|
|Final hold (min)||45.||35.|
|Reference||Nebesny, Budryn, et al., 2007||Wu, Liou, et al., 1987|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Nebesny, Budryn, et al., 2007
Nebesny, E.; Budryn, G.; Kula, J.; Majda, T., The effect of roasting method on headspace composition of robusta coffee bean aroma, Eur. Food Res. Technol., 2007, 225, 1, 9-19, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-006-0375-0 . [all data]
Wu, Liou, et al., 1987
Wu, C.-M.; Liou, S.-E.; Chang, Y.-H.; Chiang, W., Volatile compounds of the wax gourd (Benincasa hispida, Cogn) and a wax gourd beverage, J. Food Sci., 1987, 52, 1, 132-134, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1987.tb13988.x . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.