- Formula: C2H6Hg
- Molecular weight: 230.66
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ATZBPOVXVPIOMR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 593-74-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Dimethylmercury; (CH3)2Hg
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: José A. Martinho Simões
|fH°liquid||61.8 ± 3.9||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões|
|fH°liquid||51.9 ± 2.1||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões|
|fH°liquid||57.8 ± 3.0||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões||Selected data. Average of the values from Carson, Carson, et al., 1952 and Hartley, Pritchard, et al., 1950.|
|fH°liquid||59.8 ± 0.4||kJ/mol||CC-SB||Carson, Carson, et al., 1952||Value corrected based on a set of ancillary data by J.A. Martinho Simões; Please also see Cox and Pilcher, 1970. The enthalpy of combustion is not reported in Carson, Carson, et al., 1952.|
|cH°solid||-1806.7||kJ/mol||CC-SB||Berthelot, 1899||Please also see Berthelot, 1900.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Martinho Simões, J.A., Private communication (see http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/om/). [all data]
Carson, Carson, et al., 1952
Carson, A.S.; Carson, E.M.; Wilmshurst, B., Nature, 1952, 170, 320. [all data]
Hartley, Pritchard, et al., 1950
Hartley, K.; Pritchard, H.O.; Skinner, H.A., Thermochemistry of metallic alkyls. III.?mercury dimethyl and mercury methyl halides, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1950, 46, 1019, https://doi.org/10.1039/tf9504601019 . [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds in Academic Press, New York, 1970. [all data]
Berthelot, M., Compt. Rend., 1899, 129, 918. [all data]
Berthelot, M., Ann. Chim. Phys., 1900, 20, 158. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.