- Formula: CH2ClF
- Molecular weight: 68.478
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XWCDCDSDNJVCLO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 593-70-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Chlorofluoromethane; Freon 31; CH2FCl; CFC 31; FC 31; Monochloromonofluoromethane; R 31; CH2ClF; HCFC 31; Methylene chloride fluoride; R 31 (refrigerant)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
Ionization energy determinations
|11.74||PE||Doucet, Sauvageau, et al., 1973||LLK|
|11.71 ± 0.01||PE||Andrews, Dyke, et al., 1984||Vertical value; LBLHLM|
CHClF- + =
By formula: CHClF- + H+ = CH2ClF
|rH°||385.94 ± 0.95||kcal/mol||G+TS||Poutsma, Paulino, et al., 1997||gas phase; Relative to MeOH at «DELTA»Gacid=375.1; B|
|rG°||376.70 ± 0.30||kcal/mol||IMRE||Poutsma, Paulino, et al., 1997||gas phase; Relative to MeOH at «DELTA»Gacid=375.1; B|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Doucet, Sauvageau, et al., 1973
Doucet, J.; Sauvageau, P.; Sandorfy, C., Vacuum ultraviolet and photoelectron spectra of fluoro-chloro derivatives of methane, J. Chem. Phys., 1973, 58, 3708. [all data]
Andrews, Dyke, et al., 1984
Andrews, L.; Dyke, J.M.; Jonathan, N.; Keddar, N.; Morris, A., Photoelectron spectroscopic study of the ground states of CH2Cl+, CHCl2+, and CHFCl+, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1984, 106, 299. [all data]
Poutsma, Paulino, et al., 1997
Poutsma, J.C.; Paulino, J.A.; Squires, R.R., Absolute Heats of Formation of CHCl, CHF, and CClF. A Gas-Phase Experimental and G2 Theoretical Study., J. Phys. Chem. A, 1997, 101, 29, 5327, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp970778f . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.