- Formula: C6H12O6
- Molecular weight: 180.1559
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GZCGUPFRVQAUEE-KCDKBNATSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 59-23-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Galactose, D-; D-(+)-Galactose; Galactose
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Although only a single structure is shown, this species may exist in several forms including a linear molecule, a five membered ring and a six membered ring.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|S°solid,1 bar||205.4||J/mol*K||N/A||Jack and Stegeman, 1941||crystaline, «alpha» phase; Extrapolation below 90 K, 48.95 J/mol*K.|
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|216.3||300.||Kawaizumi, Nishio, et al., 1981||T = 270 to 325 K. Cp given as 1.20 J/g*K.|
|220.54||296.9||Jack and Stegeman, 1941||crystaline, «alpha» phase; T = 64 to 297 K. Value is unsmoothed experimental datum.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Jack and Stegeman, 1941
Jack, G.W.; Stegeman, G., The heat capacities and entropies of two monosaccharides, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1941, 63, 2121-2123. [all data]
Kawaizumi, Nishio, et al., 1981
Kawaizumi, F.; Nishio, N.; Nomura, H.; Miyahara, Y., Heat-capacity measurements of aqueous solutions of mono-, di-, and tri-saccharides using an isoperibol twin calorimeter, J. Chem. Thermodynam., 1981, 13, 89-98. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid S°solid,1 bar Entropy of solid at standard conditions (1 bar)
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.