- Formula: C5H8
- Molecular weight: 68.1170
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PMJHHCWVYXUKFD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 504-60-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Penta-1,3-diene; Piperylene; 1-Methylbutadiene; CH2=CHCH=CHCH3; Rcra waste number U186
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
2 + =
By formula: 2H2 + C5H8 = C5H12
|rH°||-226.4 ± 0.63||kJ/mol||Chyd||Dolliver, Gresham, et al., 1937||gas phase; At 355 °K|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Dolliver, Gresham, et al., 1937
Dolliver, M.a.; Gresham, T.L.; Kistiakowsky, G.B.; Vaughan, W.E., Heats of organic reactions. V. Heats of hydrogenation of various hydrocarbons, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1937, 59, 831-841. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.