- Formula: C2N2
- Molecular weight: 52.0348
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JMANVNJQNLATNU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 460-19-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Ethanedinitrile; Cyanogen (C2N2); Carbon nitride (C2N2); Dicyanogen; Nitriloacetonitrile; Oxalic acid dinitrile; Oxalonitrile; NCCN; Dicyan; Cyanogen gas; Carbon nitride; Cyanogene; Oxalic nitrile; Prussite; Rcra waste number P031; UN 1026; (CN)2; Oxalyl cyanide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: H4N+ + C2N2 = (H4N+ C2N2)
|rH°||10.4||kcal/mol||PHPMS||Speller and Meot-Ner (Mautner), 1985||gas phase; Entropy change calculated or estimated, DG<, «DELTA»rH<|
|rS°||23.||cal/mol*K||N/A||Speller and Meot-Ner (Mautner), 1985||gas phase; Entropy change calculated or estimated, DG<, «DELTA»rH<|
Free energy of reaction
|rG° (kcal/mol)||T (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|3.2||315.||PHPMS||Speller and Meot-Ner (Mautner), 1985||gas phase; Entropy change calculated or estimated, DG<, «DELTA»rH<|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Speller and Meot-Ner (Mautner), 1985
Speller, C.V.; Meot-Ner (Mautner), M., The Ionic Hydrogen Bond and Ion Solvation. 3. Bonds Involving Cyanides. Correlations with Proton Affinites, J. Phys. Chem., 1985, 81, 24, 5217, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100270a020 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
T Temperature rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.