- Formula: C8H14
- Molecular weight: 110.1968
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GPRLTFBKWDERLU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 280-33-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Cyclohexane, 1,4-endo-(1,2-ethanediyl)-; 1,4-Endoethylenecyclohexane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||-99.04 ± 0.96||kJ/mol||Ccr||Wong and Westrum, 1971||see also Boyd, Sanwal, et al., 1971, See Westrum and Wong, 1967; ALS|
|S°gas||324.7 ± 2.5||J/mol*K||N/A||Boyd R.H., 1971||GT|
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|81.92||200.||Boyd R.H., 1971||Selected values were obtained by force field calculation. One can expect the uncertainty in S(500 K) and Cp(T) values to be about 10 J/mol*K if compare with the authors' results for bicyclo[2.2.1]heptane.; GT|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Wong and Westrum, 1971
Wong, S.S.; Westrum, E.F., Jr., Enthalpies of formation of globular molecules. II. Three bicyclooctanes and two bicyclononanes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1971, 93, 5317-5321. [all data]
Boyd, Sanwal, et al., 1971
Boyd, R.H.; Sanwal, S.N.; Shary-Tehrany, S.; McNally, D., The thermochemistry, thermodynamic functions, and molecular structures of some cyclic hydrocarbons, J. Phys. Chem., 1971, 75, 1264-1271. [all data]
Westrum and Wong, 1967
Westrum, E.F., Jr.; Wong, S., Strain energies and thermal properties of globular and polynuclear aromatic molecules, AEC Rept. Coo-1149-92, Contract AT(11-1)-1149, 1967, 1-7. [all data]
Boyd R.H., 1971
Boyd R.H., The thermochemistry, thermodynamic functions, and molecular structures of some cyclic hydrocarbons, J. Phys. Chem., 1971, 75, 1264-1271. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas S°gas Entropy of gas at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.