Osmium, dodecacarbonyltri-, triangulo
- Formula: C12O12Os3
- Molecular weight: 906.81
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VUBLMKVEIPBYME-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 15696-40-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Dodecacarbonyl-triangulo-triosmium; Dodecacarbonyltriosmium; Osmium carbonyl (Os3(CO)12); Osmium dodecacarbonyl; Triosmium dodecacarbonyl; Os3(CO)12; Osmium carbonyl; Triangulo-dodecacarbonyltriosmium
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: José A. Martinho Simões
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
C11H2O11Os (solution) + (solution) = (g) + (solution)
By formula: C11H2O11Os (solution) + CO (solution) = H2 (g) + C12O12Os3 (solution)
|rH°||-37.7 ± 9.6||kJ/mol||ES/KS||Poë, Sampson, et al., 1993||solvent: Decalin; Calculated from equilibrium and kinetic data Poë, Sampson, et al., 1993.|
|rH°||-77.4 ± 9.7||kJ/mol||N/A||Poë, Sampson, et al., 1993||solvent: Decalin; Calculated from data for the reactions Os3(CO)10(H)2(solution) + CO(solution) = Os3(CO)11(H)2(solution) (hrxn [kJ/mol]=-39.7±1.3, srxn [J/(mol K)]=-80.3±3.8) and Os3(CO)11(H)2(solution) + CO(solution) = Os3(CO)12(solution) + H2(g) (hrxn [kJ/mol]=-37.7±9.6, srxn [J/(mol K)]=-32.6±27.6) Poë, Sampson, et al., 1993.|
(cr) = 12 (g) + 3 (cr)
By formula: C12O12Os3 (cr) = 12CO (g) + 3Os (cr)
|rH°||423. ± 17.||kJ/mol||TD-HFC||Connor, Skinner, et al., 1973||Please also see Pedley and Rylance, 1977. The value for the reaction enthalpy was considered a low limit Connor, Skinner, et al., 1973|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Poë, Sampson, et al., 1993
Poë, A.J.; Sampson, C.N.; Smith, R.T.; Zheng, Y., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1993, 115, 3174. [all data]
Connor, Skinner, et al., 1973
Connor, J.A.; Skinner, H.A.; Virmani, Y., High temperature microcalorimetric studies of the thermal decomposition and iodination of polynuclear carbonyls of Fe, Co, Ru, Rh, Re, Os and Ir, Faraday Symp. Chem. Soc., 1973, 8, 18, https://doi.org/10.1039/fs9730800018 . [all data]
Pedley and Rylance, 1977
Pedley, J.B.; Rylance, J., Computer Analysed Thermochemical Data: Organic and Organometallic Compounds, University of Sussex, Brigton, 1977. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.