Butanedioic acid, 2,3-dihydroxy-, [S-(R*,R*)]-
- Formula: C4H6O6
- Molecular weight: 150.0868
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FEWJPZIEWOKRBE-JCYAYHJZSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 147-71-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: D-Tartaric acid; (-)-tartaric acid
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|ΔcH°solid||-280.8||kcal/mol||Ccb||Dunken and Wolf, 1938||Corresponding ΔfHºsolid = -300.3 kcal/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
|ΔcH°solid||-275.1 ± 0.05||kcal/mol||Ccb||Coops and Verkade, 1925||Corresponding ΔfHºsolid = -306.0 kcal/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Dunken and Wolf, 1938
Dunken, H.; Wolf, K.L., Uber Verbrennungswarmen und innermolekulare Ordnungszustande, Z. Phys. Chem., 1938, 38, 441-450. [all data]
Coops and Verkade, 1925
Coops, J.; Verkade, P.E., Calorimetric researches. - IX. The heat of combustion of f. and meso-tartaric acids, reacemic acid and a number of their derivatives, Recl. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas, 1925, 983-1011. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
ΔcH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.