- Formula: C2H6O
- Molecular weight: 46.0684
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LCGLNKUTAGEVQW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 115-10-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methane, oxybis-; Methyl ether; Methoxymethane; Wood ether; Oxybismethane; (CH3)2O; Ether, dimethyl; Ether, methyl; UN 1033; Dimethyl oxide; Dymel A; Dymel; Demeon D; DME; Methane, 1,1'-oxybis-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Gas phase thermochemistry data
- Condensed phase thermochemistry data
- Phase change data
- Reaction thermochemistry data: reactions 1 to 50
- Henry's Law data
- Gas phase ion energetics data
- Ion clustering data
- IR Spectrum
- Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
- Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
- Gas Chromatography
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Robert C. Dunbar
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
Reactions 51 to 52
+ = ( )
By formula: Cu+ + C2H6O = (Cu+ C2H6O)
|rH°||185. ± 12.||kJ/mol||CIDT||Koizumi, 2001|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Koizumi, H., Collision-Induced Dissociation and Theoretical Studies of Cu+-Dimethyl Ether Complexes, J.Phys. Chem. A, 2001, 105, 11, 2444, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp003509p . [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.