- Formula: C10H22S2
- Molecular weight: 206.412
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YSQZSPCQDXHJDJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 112-51-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Pentyl disulfide; Bis(1-pentyl) disulfide; Diamyl disulfide; Dipentyl disulfide; n-Amyl disulfide; di-n-Amyl disulfide; 6,7-Dithiadodecane; dipentyl disulphide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|vapH°||71.1 ± 0.2||kJ/mol||C||Kusano, 1985||AC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|392.2||0.009||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|59.8||425.||Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999||Based on data from 410. - 571. K.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Kusano, Kazuhito, Micro conduction calorimeters to measure enthalpies of vaporization, Thermochimica Acta, 1985, 88, 1, 109-120, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(85)85418-6 . [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999
Dykyj, J.; Svoboda, J.; Wilhoit, R.C.; Frenkel, M.L.; Hall, K.R., Vapor Pressure of Chemicals: Part A. Vapor Pressure and Antoine Constants for Hydrocarbons and Sulfur, Selenium, Tellurium and Hydrogen Containing Organic Compounds, Springer, Berlin, 1999, 373. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.