- Formula: C5H12N2S
- Molecular weight: 132.227
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FLVIGYVXZHLUHP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 105-55-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Urea, 1,3-diethyl-2-thio-; N,N'-Diethylthiocarbamide; N,N'-Diethylthiourea; Pennzone E; U 15030; 1,3-Diethyl-2-Thiourea; 1,3-Diethylthiourea; N,N'-Diethylthiourea (sym); NCI-C03816; USAF EK-1803; Thiate H; NSC 3507; Diethyl-2-thiourea
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||350.6||K||N/A||Terenzi and Piacente, 1994||Crystal phase 1 phase; Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.1 K; TRC|
|subH°||122. ± 3.||kJ/mol||B||Della Gatta, Józwiak, et al., 2000||AC|
|subH°||120.2 ± 3.0||kJ/mol||B||Terenzi and Piacente, 1994, 2||AC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|101. ± 3.0||368.||ME,TE||Terenzi and Piacente, 1994, 2||Based on data from 351. - 384. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|17.14||350.5||DSC||Della Gatta, Józwiak, et al., 2000||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Terenzi and Piacente, 1994
Terenzi, L.; Piacente, V., vapour pressures and vaporization enthalpies of thiourea and a homologous series of its 1,3-dialkyl derivatives, Thermochim. Acta, 1994, 235, 61-6. [all data]
Della Gatta, Józwiak, et al., 2000
Della Gatta, Giuseppe; Józwiak, Malgorzata; Brunetti, Bruno; Abate, Lorenzo, Enthalpies and entropies of fusion and of sublimation at the temperature 298.15 K of thiourea and sevenN-alkylthioureas, The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 2000, 32, 8, 979-997, https://doi.org/10.1006/jcht.2000.0662 . [all data]
Terenzi and Piacente, 1994, 2
Terenzi, L.; Piacente, V., Vapour pressures and vaporization enthalpies of thiourea and a homologous series of its 1,3-dialkyl derivatives, Thermochimica Acta, 1994, 235, 1, 61-66, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(94)80083-9 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.