Benzene, 2,4-diisocyanato-1-methyl- and benzene, 2,6-diisocyanato-1-methyl-
- Formula: C18H12N4O4
- Molecular weight: 348.3123
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PGMMANHWKICUSI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
Condensed Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Notice: Except where noted, spectra from this collection were measured on dispersive instruments, often in carefully selected solvents, and hence may differ in detail from measurements on FTIR instruments or in other chemical environments. More information on the manner in which spectra in this collection were collected can be found here.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY|
|Source reference||COBLENTZ NO. 10108|
|Name(s)||TOLUENE DIISOCYANATE (TDI)|
ABOUT 80% 2,4-ISOMER AND ABOUT 20% 2,6-ISOMER
|State||SOLUTION (10% IN CCl4 FOR 3800-1330 AND 10% IN CS2 FOR 1330-420 CM-1)|
|Instrument||DOW KBr FOREPRISM-GRATING|
|Instrument parameters||BLAZED AT 3.5, 12.0, 20.0 MICRON, CHANGED AT 5.0, 7.5, 14.9 MICRON|
|Path length||0.011, 0.011 CM|
SPECTRAL FEATURES AROUND 1018, 784, 703 CM-1 BELONG TO 2,6-ISOMER (ABOUT 20%)
|Data processing||DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS)|
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.